Located on Mahachai Road, the temple was built in the reign of King Rama III in
1846 to honor
his niece, Princess Sommanat Watanawadi.
After the demolition of Chalerm Thai Theatre which has put the temple into the shadow for about half a century, the magnificent Wat Ratchanatdaram stands again in full view and sheds luster on the city of Bangkok as in olden times.
Copyright © 2000 - 2002 HelloSiam.com All rights reserved.